This might be very much required at various points in time that you need to remove some content from Google search console, the content which is not relevant anymore, or needs to be updated, edited or refurbished for various reasons inside and outside your business and market environment. There could be various expected or unexpected causes to have you do this to maintain the best practices and best results for your SEO practices and applied strategies. So here now we are going to learn and see how this can be done.
The major steps of doing so are mentioned as followed
- The task can be done by the person who owns the website.
- First delete the page and content which you want to remove
- Then access your Webmaster tool account
- See if you fulfill these two conditions – first, the page indexed is deleted with changed URL. Second, the page containing website is verified with WebMaster tools
- Now there can be two cases for your webpage:
- You are either removing a newly created website from search console- this could be because you either registered your new website too early on the portal and the underprepared version of webpage is not what you really want to be published and known first. Such instance happen when you share your webpages with your close circle for initial feedback and circulation to improve and make it perfect and ready to launch.
In this case, first change the webpage name you want to remove and make it password protected. Now get the page address which you want to remove from Google. At this point, you can go to Google Webmaster Tools account, go to ‘optimization’ > ‘ remove URLs’ > ‘create a new removal request’ . At this point, input the exact page address which is to be removed. Pick the reason for the same as you would be asked for it in next step. This completes the task of removing the page. This might take a little while to actually have the page removed and this can be checked for status.
- You are updating a website content and removing outdated material- this might be the case when you are making updates on obsolete material and want to remove older content form the webpage. In this case too, the methods to remove the content and page which is no more required is same and can be done by following similar steps.
The page removal process is a back up and securing tool which is available for use any time. But still, the focus and attempt should be, at least for the brand new website, to make a perfect webpage and website before you put it anywhere on the internet.