A business or a Website, does have a vision of and mission in terms of tangible and intangible strategy and results. At times, and in case of global business practices, you would be focusing on some parts of globe in a more interested way. For this, the SEO practices also need to incorporate your specific interest of a particular geography and we would discuss the particular methods for this.
This particular practice is called ‘international targeting’ which means the focus, customisation and the alignment of your SEO for a specific country. The key here is to remember that this is about a geographic location and not a particular language or culture being targeted. This process is particularly dedicated to websites for which geography domain is not already taken care of through other modes and hence it requires this extra attempt to implement this feature.
Why you should
- To target particular locations
- To target particular markets with sub domains
- A local, focusing on end users with multiple languages In your country
The process is straight forward and here are the involved steps described below:
- Enter the Google search console
- Go to the business for which the location targeting is needed
- Select ‘search traffic’ from the left > then go to ‘ International Targeting’
- Go to tab ‘country’
- Go to region you want to target
- Then ‘save’ it
Here are few things to know after you enable this feature in Google Webmaster Tool. First, this is not going to affect your performance and presence in other markets and is completely exclusive to that, making the two independent of each other. But whether to use his tool or not, is a critical choice and decision which you need to make after enough thinking and paying due attention to various factors.