A title tag is in its original form, a code basically which contains the name of the page you own and is the first thing which would be read and seen by the search console. Hence this is the most critical and most significant part of whole webpage and content it carries. This is the trigger and signal of the information to tell that what you are going to talk about and offer on your webpage and what domain and area it belongs to. That broader and wider introduction is the key in maximizing your SEO efforts.
Process of writing a good title tag
- Do a little bit of research on best and right words to find the perfect title. The previous keyword research and filter tools we discussed, are already doing this job for you and you know by now that how you can make the best use of those techniques and tools.
- Put the keywords first in the title tag, placing them in such a manner that the whole tag looks natural and self explanatory.
- Use the most appealing and attractive format and order as in to place the business name, keywords, area of work, location in proper way, easy to understand.
- Make sure you are taking care of the fact that despite of being a purely technical piece of words and codes, this is ultimately going to read by people and hence the clarity, order and comprehensibility is the most important factor. Hence, a whole and complete, phrase and statement like readable format is highly recommended.
- Keep an eye on the length and count of words used in the tag as it would be critical to maintain an optimum length, which is within limits of a good and ideal tag, something between 50 to 60 characters.
- Maintain originality in your tag and make it differentiated from your competitors. To be specific, the titles for each page must be unique and different so that technical backend used for ranking can differentiate them and assign separate ranks without getting confused. In final word, the title tag can just make and break your chances for most optimal SEO results.
- Since the title tag would be the biggest and most important anchor used in SEO overall for your webpage, it must be kept as attractive as possible. It must be the most mesmerizing and eye catching part of whole webpage and SEO process. Keep it clean, free of English and grammar errors, filled with aesthetics and proper use of lower case and upper case for words.